New College, established in 1971, became department within the College of Arts and Sciences in 1997.
College of Commerce and Business Administration – 1929; School of Commerce – 1919
Created by the merger of the College of Communication and the School of Library and Information Studies. The School of Communication, established in 1973, became the College of Communication in 1988. The Graduate School of Library Service, established in 1969, became the School of Library and Information Studies in 1989.
Division of Continuing Studies – 1977; Extended Services – 1970; Extension Division – 1919
School of Education – 1909
University Honors Program – 1987
School of Home Economics – 1931
The University began a Nursing program in 1950 which moved to UA-Birmingham in 1969.
Source: University Catalogs and historical documents